Soon after I bought a second hand DX7 the mains transformer blew up. Luckily i found a replacement at RS online. Click here to see item on the RS website.
Here you can see the original transformer on the keyboard and the new one temporarily connected.
To install the transformer more permanently I soldered it to some stripboard which also enabled me to screw it to the original mounting holes.
Whilst rummaging the internet i came across an Ebay listing for a replacement backlit LCD for the dx7. This i could not ignore as i would often find myself programming on long dark and lonely nights.
Now i was cooking with gas and was on the look out for more RAM cartridges. Whilst doing this i came across a software upgrade which also added an extra 3 RAM banks.
Here it is fitted. (also you can see the new battery holder i added to make changing the battery easier).